What is it?
Bridges gives patrons access to books, magazines, movies, and more online. It's the West Liberty's Public Library's way of bringing E-books to your digital device, whether that be a computer, tablet, smartphone, or E-Reader. Just like the books on our shelves, patrons "check out" items through Bridges for a certain amount of time.
How to get started?
- Click the Bridges icon from our online resources, or use the link below, to go to the main webpage.
- Click the dark blue "sign-in" box in the top right corner to begin the process.
- You will be prompted to select a library, so find the West Liberty Public Library in the drop-down menu.
- In the field designated "Library Card," enter your patron number and PIN (or password), then click sign in. Congrats!
Now that you're signed in, the home page will show off the latest magazines and books available on Bridges. However, if you want to get specific there is a search bar at the top right of the page. To browse by subject, there is also a "subject" icon in the top menu.
Once you have found the item you want to check out, click on it and then click the dark blue "Borrow" button. You can now read the item for 7 or 14 days, depending on which you choose.
- Remember you have to choose the West Liberty Public Library now.
- If you cannot remember your patron number give the library a call at 319-627-2084.
- If you do not have a patron number sign up here for a digital library card. Contact the library to get your PIN/password.
- Only so many copies are available of certain items, you may need to place a hold.
- If the item is not available, you can recommend it to the library. NOTE: E-Books are significantly more expensive than real books, so we'll need to evaluate and prioritize what E-books are purchased.